Here is how you can fix the ‘App not installed’ error that appears when you install TubeMate.
There is no denying the fact that TubeMate is one of the best video downloaders for Android out there, but the Android app still has a long way to go. It has a lot of issues ranging from slow downloads to annoying errors, which is not really uncommon when it comes to Android applications. And now, there is a new error that is making rounds — an error message that says ‘App not installed — when users are trying to install the app.
The said error notification is not new to Android devices. In fact, it is one of the very common errors in Android that could be happening due to a variety of reasons, although it is a very easy one to fix. The following are the reasons why this popup could be appearing:
Why is installing TubeMate stuck at ‘App not installed’ error?
The most common reason for this error is insufficient storage. So, in order to fix the issue, you might wanna make sure there is enough storage on your phone or SD card – depending upon the storage settings on your device.
One other major reason could be that the app you downloaded is corrupt. This is why you need to make sure you download only from the official TubeMate website or the recommended third-party websites like APK Mirror, Download.com, Uptodown, and Android Freeware. Since TubeMate is too popular, there are so many rip-offs out there trying to take advantage of vulnerable netizens.
Also, several apps won’t work if installed on external storage. So, you need to make sure you’re installing them on the phone storage to ensure smooth working. We suggest you install the TubeMate app on the internal storage, although it should be fine to direct video downloads to external SD.
How to fix ‘App not installed’ error when installing or updating TubeMate?
First of all, you need to confirm that you’ve downloaded the official release of the app and that you’ve enough storage space on your phone. If that didn’t help ensure a smooth installation, you can go ahead and follow the below steps to avoid ‘App not installed’ error message:
- Go to your phone settings and change ‘Default Write Disk’ from SD card to Internal Storage. This will ensure the app is installed in the phone storage.
- Now, go to Play Store and download APK Parser by SteelWorks.
- After installation, open the APK Parser app and tap on ‘Select an APK File’ and select the TubeMate APK file from the file browser.
- Upon selecting the APK, you will be provided with three options — Full Edit, Simple Edit, and Common Edit. Select the third option – Common Edit.
- Now change Install Location to ‘Internal Only’ option and click Save.
- Upon saving, click the Install button and continue the installation procedure as usual.
Note: This may work only for older versions of Android.